2015年12月20日 星期日

❦ CL⑪ - To Kill a Mockingbird



Harper Lee
To kill a Mockingbird


▣ author: Harper Lee,

▣ Harper Lee wins the Pulitzer Prize, and has become a classic of      modern American literature.
▣ the story is about friendship, racism, justice 
▣ Character list:
Jean Louise “Scout” Finch -  The narrator and protagonist of the story.She is intelligent and  a tomboy. Scout eventually develops a more grown-up perspective that enables her to appreciate human goodness without ignoring human evil.


Scout & Jem
Jeremy Atticus “Jem” Finch - Scout’s brother. Jem moves into adolescence during the story, and his ideals are shaken badly by the evil and injustice that he perceives during the trial of Tom Robinson.

Atticus Finch - Scout and Jem’s father, a lawyer in Maycomb. He agrees to defend Tom Robinson, a black man charged with raping a white woman



Finch&Tom
Tom Robinson -  The black field hand accused of rape. Tom is one of the novel's “mockingbirds,” an important symbol of innocence destroyed by evil.

Arthur “Boo” Radley - He is one of the novel's “mockingbirds.” He is a powerful symbol of goodness swathed in an initial shroud of creepiness, leaving little presents for Scout and Jem and emerging at an opportune moment to save the children.


▣  summary via a video





Scout learns four major lessons from Atticus and her experience
(1) Put yourself in other people's shoes
(2) don't kill mockingbirds
(3) keep fighting
(4) the world is very unfair


▣ Vocabulary :
   1. boo  用在噓別人倒喝采一樣
   2. stab 用短刀刺傷
   3. bene(善) vs. mal(惡)
   4. outcast 被逐出、遺棄的人

▣ Scottish Poetry:


My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose




Author:Robert Burns , also known as Rabbie Burns, the Bard of Ayrshire and various other names, was a Scottish poet and lyricist.






O my Luve's like a red, red rose


That’s newly sprung in June;

O my Luve's like the melodie

That’s sweetly play'd in tune.




As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,

So deep in luve am I:

And I will luve thee still, my dear,

Till a’ the seas gang dry:




Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,

And the rocks melt wi’ the sun:

I will luve thee still, my dear,

While the sands o’ life shall run.




And fare thee weel, my only Luve

And fare thee weel, a while!

And I will come again, my Luve,

Tho’ it were ten thousand mile.


沒有留言:

張貼留言